Friday, October 15, 2010

First Books

We love books at our house. It's hard to homeschool without owning a lot of books, but I think we still have a lot. When we moved to TX the movers told us we had more boxes than any move they had ever done before. I'm sure the number of books we own contributed greatly to the total. I often tell people, "First we buy books. If there is money left over, then we eat!".

I love cuddling on the couch with my young children and reading a good book. I love it even more when a little one brings a book to me saying, "read." Today I'm going to share with you some of our favorite board books. These are the books my children ask for so often I have memorized them. We've discovered a few new ones a long the, way but many have been in our home since our first born. I'll be hanging on to them to share with my grandchildren some day.

Goodnight Moon
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Brown Bear, Brown Bear and others by Eric Carle
The Big Red Barn
Guess How Much I Love You
Barnyard Dance and others by Sandra Boynton
I Love You As Much
The Mitten and others by Jan Brett
Runaway Bunny
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
The Snowy Day
Ten Little Lady Bugs
Jamberry
So Many Bunnies

What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm with you...I love when they bring me books to read. JJ has this little duck book that is his favorite. I catch him all the time just sitting and flipping through little books and it always makes me smile.

We're getting ready to start Before Five in a Row with Lily and I can't wait!